Are you looking for a Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer? You’re at the right place. If you were the victim of a commercial Tractor-Trailer Accident in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey & Pennsylvania, you need to take action now to protect your legal rights.
Commercial trucking cases are not like other car accident cases. Special rules apply to the operation of interstate trucks, as well as to the preservation of records that may be needed to determine why your accident happened and hold the wrongdoer responsible.
Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
We are Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyers who have handled tractor trailer and other commercial truck accidents in New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania & Maryland. Not all commercial trucks are tractor-trailers. In addition to 18 wheelers, big rigs or semi trucks, commercial trucks can include buses, vans, pick-up trucks, dump trucks, diesels, and others.
There are many, unique causes of truck accidents.
Common causes include:
- Driver fatigue
- Alcohol and drug use and abuse
- Lack of training
- Over-scheduling the driver by the dispatchers
- Improper investigation and background checks before hiring drivers
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to drive appropriately for the weather conditions
- Improper maintenance and failure to properly inspect the vehicle
- Overloaded trailers and improperly loaded trailers (shifting loads can cause loss of control).
According to trucking info .net:
- In the United States, a person is injured or killed every 16 minutes as a result of a tractor-trailer accident.
- There are 2 million tractor trailers on the roads of this country.
- There are 15.5 million commercial trucks on the roads.
- In 2006, the transportation industry logged over 423.9 Billion miles.
- The trucking industry’s annual revenue is estimated at around $255.5 Billion.
- There are more than 200 Million licensed truck drivers in the U.S., causing over 7 Million accidents a year, in which 3.5 Million people are harmed.
Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
If you need to speak to a commercial truck accident attorney, or Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer for an accident in any of the following areas, please contact us today:
We have offices conveniently located to provide expert legal representation in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Please direct all mail to our
Dover, Delaware office.
Please note that we only accept mail, exparte notice or service of process at our Dover, Delaware office, and DO NOT accept mail, exparte notice or service of process at our regional office locations.
New Castle County: Arden, Bellefont, Centerville, Delaware City, Elsmere, Greenville, Middletown, New Castle, Newark, Odessa, Townsend, Wilmington.
Kent County: Bowers Beach, Camden, Cheswold, Clayton, Dover, Farmington, Felton, Frederica, Harrington, Hartly, Houston, Kenton, Leipsic, Little Creek, Magnolia, Marydel, Milford, Smyrna, South Bowers, Viola, Woodside, Wyoming.
Sussex County: Bethany Beach, Bethel, Blades, Bridgeville, Dagsboro, Dewey Beach, Ellendale, Fenwick Island, Frankford, Georgetown, Greenwood, Henlopen Acres, Laurel, Lewes, Millsboro, Millville, Milton, Ocean View, Rehoboth Beach, Seaford, Selbyville, Slaughter Beach, South Bethany.