We are Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey & Pennsylvania Premises Personal Injury, Slip and Fall, Trip and Fall, and Fall-Down Accident Lawyers. Schwartz & Schwartz represents citizens who were catastrophically injured in premises liability personal injury cases. What is a premises liability personal injury case? A premises case is any injury case that occurs due to a defective condition on someone else’s property. Most often, premises cases are fall-type injury cases. Sometimes, they involve other mechanisms of injury.
Here are some examples of premises cases we have successfully handled:
- Our client shattered her tibia and fibula (bones of the lower leg) when the bottom step of an exterior stairway turned under her foot and caused her to fall.
- A jury awarded our client hundreds of thousands of dollars for his broken arm after he slipped and fell on ice in a local parking lot.
- Our client shattered her orbital bone (the skull bone that holds the eye in place) when she fell down an exterior stairway due to uneven riser heights.
- Our client broke his hip when he fell from an improperly installed handicapped access ramp.
- Another client broke her tibia and fibula when the wooden box her landlord placed as a step in her apartment tipped and pitched her to the ground.
- A client fractured her tailbone and suffered herniated discs when she slipped on loose, granular material that was permitted to remain on the front steps of a restaurant.
Premises liability cases are often referred to as slip-and-fall cases, trip-and-fall cases, and fall-down cases.
Statute of limitations
Delaware law contains a two-year statute of limitations for premises personal injury cases. A statute of limitations is a law that limits the time in which you may file a lawsuit. If you were injured in a premises personal injury accident, you need to seek legal help immediately to protect your rights.
Schwartz & Schwartz represents people injured in premises liability, slip and fall, trip and fall, fall-down cases. If you would like to speak to us about such an injury occurring and any of the following areas, please call us today:
We have offices conveniently located to provide expert legal representation in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Please direct all mail to our
Dover, Delaware office.
Please note that we only accept mail, exparte notice or service of process at our Dover, Delaware office, and DO NOT accept mail, exparte notice or service of process at our regional office locations.
New Castle County: Arden, Bellefont, Centerville, Delaware City, Elsmere, Greenville, Middletown, New Castle, Newark, Odessa, Townsend, Wilmington.
Kent County: Bowers Beach, Camden, Cheswold, Clayton, Dover, Farmington, Felton, Frederica, Harrington, Hartly, Houston, Kenton, Leipsic, Little Creek, Magnolia, Marydel, Milford, Smyrna, South Bowers, Viola, Woodside, Wyoming.
Sussex County: Bethany Beach, Bethel, Blades, Bridgeville, Dagsboro, Dewey Beach, Ellendale, Fenwick Island, Frankford, Georgetown, Greenwood, Henlopen Acres, Laurel, Lewes, Millsboro, Millville, Milton, Ocean View, Rehoboth Beach, Seaford, Selbyville, Slaughter Beach, South Bethany.