(1) There is no legal advice on this website. This is legal edutainment. If you need information to rely on in making decisions or taking action, you should meet with an attorney and get legal advice based upon the facts of your case, the law in your jurisdiction, your goals, and the strategy and tactics you wish to pursue.
(2) No attorney-client relationship is formed. By consuming information, commenting on our posts, interacting with us over social media, and/or by submitting “contact us” requests, you are not forming an attorney-client relationship with us. We form attorney-client relationships only when people hire us by signing a written agreement concerning representation.
(3) Delaware law controls and Delaware courts are the only place for disputes. By using our website, you are agreeing that if any dispute arises between us, the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A. You are also agreeing that if a lawsuit is to be filed, the only place it may be filed is in the State of Delaware, U.S.A. Even if you have never stepped foot in the great state of Delaware, by viewing or using our website, you are consenting to and submitting yourself to the exclusive in personam jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of Delaware, U.S.A.
(4) Don’t steal our stuff. All materials on this website and featured in any of our social media are owned by the law firm Schwartz & Schwartz, Attorneys at Law, P.A., and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. You may view, copy and print pages from our website and social media pages only (1) for personal use, provided that you maintain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights or notices, (2) as a personal educational or entertainment resource, (3) for communicating with us about a service, or (4) for use in contacting us or locating our offices. You may not otherwise use, reproduce, download, store, post, broadcast, transmit, modify, sell or make available to the public content from our website or social media without the prior written approval of Schwartz & Schwartz. In order to request permission, please contact our copyright agent, Ben Schwartz, Managing Partner, Schwartz & Schwartz, Attorneys at Law, P.A., 1140 South State Street, Dover, DE 19901, fax: 302-678-8702, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Copyright notice: © 2017 Schwartz & Schwartz, Attorneys at Law, P.A. Trademark notice: Schwartz & Schwartz, Attorneys at Law, P.A., “Tip the Scales of Justice”, the Schwartz & Schwartz logo, and other materials viewable on our website and in our social media are trademarks of Schwartz & Schwartz, Attorneys at Law, P.A. and may not be used without permission.
(5) Views expressed are the authors’/interviewees’. Our website contains written and video blog posts and other materials. All views and opinions expressed in the content produced and published herein are those of the respective authors, speakers, or interviewees and are not made on behalf of, or endorsed by, the law firm, its owners, employees, clients or anyone else.
(6) Confidentiality preserved. Our website contains information about real cases and real questions by real people. We strive to maintain strict confidentiality of attorney-client privileged information. If you submit a question or comment over social media, through this website or via email that is available on this website, we may assume that you are posing your question for response in a public forum unless you tell us that you expect your information to be handled in a confidential manner. That said, where we discuss real cases, it is our regular practice to change names, dates and other details. If you think you know who we’re talking about after viewing content on our site, rest assured that you don’t.
We have offices conveniently located to provide expert legal representation in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Please direct all mail to our
Dover, Delaware office.
Please note that we only accept mail, exparte notice or service of process at our Dover, Delaware office, and DO NOT accept mail, exparte notice or service of process at our regional office locations.